Nueces Electric Charities, Inc. Operation Round-Up Form
The role of the Nueces Electric Charities, Inc. regarding the Nueces Electric Cooperative (NEC) Operation Round Up Fund is to make the best use of the funds entrusted to us to support activities within the NEC service territory and nearby communities, and to be sure that whatever gifts we make are handled wisely.
As stated in Article 4 of its Articles of Incorporation, “Nueces Electric Charities, Inc. was organized to distribute funds, voluntarily contributed to Nueces Electric Cooperative, Inc. from its members under Operation Round Up, to other 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that provide direct educational, health, welfare, and other human services within the service area of Nueces Electric Cooperative, Inc.”
The following information MUST be included in the submitted application, in the same document as the grant application:
Please merge all documents into the same document, this can be done using Adobe Acrobat:
- A one page budget for the amount requested, with justifications
- Proof confirming 501(3)(c) status with the IRS
- A copy of the most recent balance sheet and income statement
- Current organizational budget (if not available please explain)
Deadline for application to be received: January 1 and July 1 of each year
Upon approval of application, we will be requesting official signed documentation to finalize the partnership.
No paper copies mailed to the NEC office will be accepted for submissions
Directions for applying for a grant application:
1. Download Grant Application packet
2. Complete application via Microsoft Word or handwritten
3. If handwritten, scan your application onto your computer to be submitted online
4. If completed in Microsoft Word, save the completed application and merge with all other legal documents (listed above)
5. You must have all documents merged in Adobe Acrobat to become one document to be submitted
PRIMARY/PRIORITY AREAS OF CONSIDERATION
Grant projects/programs that address these areas of need will receive priority consideration:
- Human Services
Applications for a particular new or one-time program or project must be submitted and approved BEFORE the programs/projects have begun.